Ubiqus US is looking for a passionate and energetic Human Resources Manager to manage the HR function for the US offices.
Reporting to the CEO, you will be the steward of Ubiqus’ people. You will oversee talent acquisition, onboarding, performance management, payroll, benefits, and culture. You will be a thought partner to leadership on how to bring out the best in their teams, and you are hands-on. This is a department of one, so you must be able to operate in a fast paced dynamic environment. You lead by example and have exceptional work ethics and can maintain continued confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organizations goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, hiring, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale and training and development.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Facilitates on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Manages semi-monthly payroll, including 401(k) contributions and loan payment submissions.
- Manages annual performance review process working with managers and employees to ensure they have the necessary tools and training to succeed.
- Collaborates with departments to ensure client audits are successful.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you can expect working at Ubiqus:
Make an Impact: You have an opportunity to influence the profitability and success of the company. Your expertise drives best practices, procedure optimization, and staff growth and development.
Line of Sight: A key member of the management team and a direct line to the CEO.
A Perfect Fit: Ubiqus is a large enough company for access to technology, tools and career advancement yet small enough to affect change, be a superstar, maximize your skills, and shape our futures.
Development: We believe that growing our people directly results in the growth of our business. We strive to mentor, educate, and promote from within.
A Challenge: “If it were easy everyone could do it.” We challenge our team to defy the status quo.
Accountability: We insist on the highest ethical standards, a culture of collegiality and respect, and aggressive goal setting to achieve excellence.
Diversity and Fun: Every day we forge relationships across our team of diverse individuals. An eclectic mix of linguists, geeks, techies, bookworms, movie buffs, musicians, foodies, athletes, baristas, homebodies, adventurers, travelers, and very good people.
Great Location: Located in the financial district of downtown New York City
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of human resource experience; experience in a standalone role is highly preferred.
- Experience in a remote workforce and familiar with a variety of state regulations/California employment laws is required.
- Excellent people management skills, great cross-functional collaborator, passionate, motivated and can drive from strategy to execution while bringing others along.
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulation.
Benefits and perks:
Excellent benefits package consisting of:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
How to apply:
To be considered for this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Ubiqus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It considers applications for all positions without regard for race, religion, color, gender, nationality, age, disability or other categories subject to discrimination and cited in federal, state, provincial or local law.
Ubiqus is a dynamic, forward-looking company that values its employees, encourages respect for others and fosters a spirit of initiative.
Find out more about who we are and what we do
Shall we talk about your project?