Transcriptionist (Freelance Contractor)
We are currently looking to expand our roster of freelance contractors to perform the service of English Transcription. The work is part-time and can be tailored to your schedule.
Work at home. All duties for this position are to be performed remotely via Internet.
- Accepting audio of varying lengths and types, and producing a verbatim transcript (except where the project requires abridgment or other level of abstraction).
- Formatting final transcripts according to project specs; templates will be provided.
- Time-stamping and other document notations as required by individual projects.
Profile of the Candidate:
- U.S.-based, native English speaker.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience (i.e. editing/proofreading work with a publishing company, secretarial experience, work in education, etc.) or current transcription student status. If lacking experience in this regard, explain why your personal pursuits have given you the aptitude to be successful in this position.
- NOTE: When applying to perform legal transcription, you must possess 1-5 years of experience as a legal secretary, paralegal, attorney or other relevant legal employee, or else have completed professional court reporting training.
- NOTE: Likewise, when applying to perform medical transcription, you must possess 1-5 years of medical experience, or else have completed professional medical transcription training.
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision, and to accept regular feedback on your submitted work.
- Strict adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expertise using Microsoft Word.
The position offered is paid per word of each submitted transcript. This is a freelance contractor position, and does not include benefits, IRA, or medical plan.
Be sure to select the desired Transcriptionist role.
- Working for Ubiqus